The Government aims for all schools to offer extended services providing support for children, students, their families and the wider community.
The Extended Services we provide at The Beauchamp College include all five-core areas:
- Quality childcare including 8am to 6pm full day-care nursery, playgroup, before school or breakfast clubs, after school childcare, holiday activities and ‘wraparound care’.
- A varied menu of activities offering extended learning opportunities, study support, out of school hours learning, revision classes, drama, crafts, enterprise activities and sports coaching etc.
- Parenting support information, transition support, parental involvement, family learning groups, training or support for parents and their families.
- Swift and easy referral to a wide range of specialist support services such as speech therapy, child and adolescent mental health services, behaviour support and health and sexual advice services.
- Community access to college facilities, adult learning, youth clubs and Communication Technology (ICT) enabling children and adults to develop skills an use the latest technology.
18th November 2011: Princeton University Lectures, USA (Presentations available below)
1st December 2011: Community Engagement, Volunteering and Partnership Network Meeting, Beauchamp College. Places are free but need to be reserved. To book please visit The Schools Network website. For more information click here.
Outward Facing 21st Century Schools Princeton November 2011
Leading a Professional Learning Community Princeton November 2011
Extended Service Schools Where Every Child Matters Princeton November 2011
How to Guide and Audit Tool
Measuring the impact of community cohesion
Investing in Community Engagement ICE Mark
ICE – Self Assessment
Understanding Community Cohesion
Community Cohesion NCSL SSAT March 2010
Accessing Funding Streams
Client Assessment and the bid planning for Extended Services and Community Cohesion
Community Cohesion Blank Template
Community Cohesion Example 1
Community Cohesion Example 2
Community Cohesion Example 3
Partnerships at Beauchamp report
Partnerships spider Compatibility Mode
t: 0116 272 9137
f: 0116 271 5454
Feel free to contact us if you require more information about any events, training sessions or documents listed on this page.