Although Beauchamp College does not have a college uniform for students in Years 10-13, our dress code plays an important role in contributing to the ethos of the college and the wider school. The dress code allows students to express themselves as individuals, but in an appropriate and modest way. It is particularly important that the dress code recognises that the school is a working environment for students from the age of 11, and further that student dress does not cause embarrassment to staff, students and other members of the school and wider community.
Whilst students are given considerable freedom in determining how they dress to attend the college, the following items do not meet our expectations of dressing modestly;
- Strapless, backless, or string-strapped tops
- Clothing which is revealing; for example, exposing bare midriffs or bottoms
- Caps or hats worn indoors, or any item which obscures the face
- Clothing which reveals underwear
- Flip flops due to health and safety issues
- Clothing with offensive logos
All students are expected to arrive at college wearing clothing in accordance with these expectations.