In October 2014, the Beauchamp Mathematics Faculty was successful in becoming a lead school for the regional Maths Hub, a very prestigious accolade. We are to work alongside the other 34 Maths Hub lead schools to improve maths outcomes for all students in the country.
Maths Hubs are a really exciting national government initiative to improve mathematical outcomes for all students. Maths Hubs are designed to:
“bring together all mathematics education professionals in a national network of hubs, each locally led by an outstanding school or college, and in partnership with neighbouring schools, colleges, universities, CPD providers, maths experts and employers. This is a new way of harnessing all maths teaching expertise within an area, to spread excellent practice even more widely, for the benefit of all pupils and students.”
Maths Hubs are involved in many exciting initiatives including:
- Teaching for Mastery in Mathematics at Primary and Secondary Level.
- Trial of National Textbooks in Key Stage 1.
- Increasing uptake of Level 3 Mathematics (A Level and Core Maths).
- Mathematical reasoning at Key Stage 3.
- And many more projects to meet local need.
For more information click here.