Robert Mitchell Distinguished Awards
Bob Mitchell served as Vice Principal of Beauchamp College for 14 years and retired in December 2011. This award, available to current students and alumni of Beauchamp College, is named in recognition of Bob Mitchell’s outstanding work for students, the college and the local community.
Bob’s great interest in developing alumni relations and his inspiring work in supporting students and community/extended services as well as his own sporting profile and contributions to coaching at a national level are a tremendous legacy we wish to build upon.
The Robert Mitchell Distinguished Awards are made to current and former students as a bursary award from the college’s Alumni Relations Department to aid their opportunities to travel, to access further and higher education and participate in local, national or international community service projects. Nominations and applications will be considered under the following categories:
- Current students at Beauchamp College wishing to be supported with the opportunity to travel as part of their education.
- Students at/from Beauchamp College wishing to be supported in order to gain access to university or further
education in the field of the arts and sports.
- Alumni and current students seeking to make an outstanding contribution in respect of involvement in a local, national or international community service project.
- Alumni and current students who have given dedicated service to the promotion of Beauchamp College.
We expect to make awards three times each year (times to be confirmed). The award winners will also feature in the alumni magazine and will be expected to provide a short report for the trustees.
How to apply
To nominate/apply for one of the above categories the following is required:
- completed application form
- a covering letter (one side of A4)
Applications need to be posted to:
The Trustees, The Robert Mitchell Distinguished Awards, Beauchamp College, Ridgway, Oadby, Leicestershire, LE2 5TP or by email.
Applications will be considered by the Trustees: Hugh Howe, Executive Principal at Beauchamp College and Bob Mitchell Trustee who will also present the awards.
For an application form please click here.
Click here to read about young people who have benefited from the Robert Mitchell Awards.