Beauchamp College benefits from having a Lionheart Academies Trust careers advisor who delivers a one-to-one service and works alongside the Advice, Guidance and Progress team to provide a range of services to aid progression throughout your time at Beauchamp and beyond.
These services include assistance with UCAS and UCAS Progress applications, securing employment and apprenticeships, one to one interviews and help with CVs.
The team also facilitates work experience, careers fairs (internal & external), A-Level and Vocational taster sessions, trips to colleges and universities.
Every year Beauchamp College holds a careers fair attended by higher education institutions, workplaces, public service representatives and the armed services.
We also provide talks on apprenticeships and UCAS and careers on a weekly basis.
- Explore Career Ideas - Not sure what you want to do after school or college? This section has links to useful websites that will help you research your career ideas.
- Post 16 Education - Information and advice on what to do after Year 11.
- Apprenticeships - What is an apprenticeship? How do I apply? Find the answers to these questions, including information and videos on higher and degree apprenticeships.
- Applying to University - Are you thinking of applying for university? Want to know how to write a personal statement? Need to know more about student loans? This section has all of this information plus more.
- Study Abroad - Thinking about studying abroad? This section will help you look at the options and research your next steps.
- Taking a Gap Year - A gap year is taking time out of education and/or employment to do something that can enhance your skills and experience.
- Labour Market Information - Knowing what jobs are available now and in the future is a very powerful tool when planning and researching your career ideas. In this section you will find useful links and current labour market information.
- Sector Skills Councils - Sector Skills Councils (SSCs) are employer-led organisations that cover specific industries in the United Kingdom. SSCs work with the Government, learning providers and awarding bodies to ensure that qualifications meet the needs of employers and individuals. Professional bodies and associations also provide useful careers and labour market information.
- Our Careers Programme of Study (Tutor Time Topics) - In addition to having access to an impartial careers advisor our students also have a programme of careers education. This is delivered in tutor time across all years. A summary of our careers programme for each year group can be found in this section.
- Advice for Parents & Carers - Helpful advice and guidance to support you and your child make informed choices.
- Work Experience - Information on this summers work experience.